High Country News accepts advertising within the printed pages of the newspaper and on our Web site from individuals, organizations and companies that share its commitment to environmental stewardship, social responsibility and an equitable and healthy workplace. This commitment should be demonstrated through progressive practices, support of nonprofit causes and other tangible means. We believe advertising is a service to our readers, and we seek advertisements from progressive companies and organizations that provide goods and services beneficial to our readership. HCN generally does not take advertising from the manufacturers or purveyors of products that significantly degrade the environment or threaten the social fabric of communities. We also do accept political advertising that promotes or suggests an action. If there is any uncertainty as to the suitability of an advertiser, HCN’s Advertising Committee will convene and make a decision.
- Michael Welsh on Considering historical correctness in New Mexico
- Bob Laybourn on Considering historical correctness in New Mexico
- William R DeJager on Wolf pups, and the return of wild wonder
- Brad Bergstrom on Did Obama's Interior hobble the Endangered Species Act?
- Dwayne Meadows on Idaho’s sewer system is the Snake River