High Country News accepts advertising within the printed pages of the newspaper and on our Web site from individuals, organizations and companies that share its commitment to environmental stewardship, social responsibility and an equitable and healthy workplace. This commitment should be demonstrated through progressive practices, support of nonprofit causes and other tangible means. We believe advertising is a service to our readers, and we seek advertisements from progressive companies and organizations that provide goods and services beneficial to our readership. HCN generally does not take advertising from the manufacturers or purveyors of products that significantly degrade the environment or threaten the social fabric of communities. We also do accept political advertising that promotes or suggests an action. If there is any uncertainty as to the suitability of an advertiser, HCN’s Advertising Committee will convene and make a decision.
- Regina Johnson on Grass-fed beef can be good 365 days a year
- Charles Fox on Grass-fed beef can be good 365 days a year
- Rex Johnson Jr on How to pass a wilderness bill in 2014
- April Warwick on Sweeping new rule for Alaska's predator control
- David Lichtenstein on The paradox of the housing boom and bust