Issue Cover Date: January 21, 2013
Space Reservation: Deadline: December 30, 2012
Ad Art Deadline: January 7, 2013
Inside This Special Issue:
How are premier programs shaping leaders and, by extension, the West? How are they evolving to meet the needs and mold the future of our changing region? Who are the innovators? And where are programs breaking new ground? A must issue for colleges and universities, innovative and non-traditional programs, conservation groups and others shaping the future with educational programs and conferences. As always, we'll have a special ad page insert with reduced pricing.
SPECIAL PRICING EXTENDED TO Natural Resource Education and ALL MARKETPLACE DISPLAY ADS!
Ad size and color preferences:
- Full Page (Full-color): $1,300
- 1/2 Page (Full-color): $650
- 1/2 Page (Black & White): $475
- 1/4 Page (Full-color): $350
- 1/4 Page (Black & White): $255
- 1/8 Page (Full-color): $175
- 1/8 Page (Black & White): $125
- 1/16 Page (Full-color): $90
- 1/16 Page (Black & White): $70
Web Banners on hcn.org (50% off standard rates for 728 x 90 Leaderboard Banner)
- 200,000 impressions: $1,000
- 100,000 impressions: $500
- 50,000 impressions: $250
eNewsletters (over 50% off)
- 728x90 single-sponsor leaderboard banner sponsorship - $250
- Delivered every Tuesday to over 35,000 subscribers.* Sponsorship includes one leaderboard banner, 728 x 90 pixels.
You will be contacted regarding available dates.
Sponsored email blasts (over 25% off)
- Sponsored eMail Blasts - $2,500
- Send your message to our list of over 54,000 opt-in subscribers! * * check for our current list sizes
HCN Readers Are:
- Prosperous Progressive
- Highly Educated
- Active & Engaged
- Influential Thought Leaders Driven by their Values
- Environmentally & Socially Conscious
- Magazine Total Audience: 60,000
- Total Brand Universe: 179,805
- Median Age: 55.6
- Median Household Income: $63,750
- Educational Level: 98% Graduated or attended college
Selected Demographic Highlights
- 68% Are considered 'influentials' according to MRI
- 92% Have donated time/money/service to a charity/nonprofit organization in the last 12 months
- 97% Are willing to give up convenience or pay more for a product that is environmentally safe
- 47% Have continuing education plans
- 13% Work in education
- 30% of educators use HCN in their classrooms
- 20% Have subscribed to HCN for 10 years or more
- 67% Spend one or more hours reading each issue of HCN
- 48% Have visited a HCN advertiser's Web site or contacted them for info
- 30% Have purchased a product or service advertised in HCN
What is your employment status?
- Full-time 46%
- Part-time 9%
- Self-employed 17%
- Retired 26%
- Homemaker 2%
What is your occupation?
- Education, Training and Library 13%
- Life, Physical and Social Science 8%
- Healthcare Practitioners and Technical 6%
- Arts, Design, Entertainment, Sports and Media 6%
- Farming, Fishing and Forestry 5%
- Architecture and Engineering 5%
- Management 5%
- Legal 4%
- Business and Financial Operations 3%
- Community and Social Service 3%
- Computer and Mathematical 3%
- Construction and Extraction 2%
- Office and Administration Support 3%
- Sales and Related 2%
- Other 32%
If you are employed in education, at what level?
- K-12 39%
- Undergraduate 29%
- Post-Graduate 33%
If you are employed in education, what position?
- Teacher/Professor 87%
- Administration 13%
What is your education level?
- High School or equivalent 1%
- Vocational/Technical School 1%
- Some College 11%
- Graduated College (Bachelor's Degree) 34%
- Master’s Degree 33%
- Doctoral Degree 2%
- Professional Degree (MD, JD, etc.) 8%
- Ph.D. 10%
Do you or someone in your home have continuing education plans?
- Yes 47%
Do you have children?
- Yes 56%
If you have children, how many?
- 1 26%
- 2 43%
- 3 20%
- 4 7%
- 5 or more 4%
How many people live in your household?
- 1 - 2 77%
- 3 - 4 21%
- 5 - 6 2%