2011 Press Releases
High Country News contributing editor Matt Jenkins teams up with filmmakers Tyler Meason and Jennilyn Merten to produce an in-depth investigative story and short documentary introducing the marijuana community of California’s notorious “Emerald Triangle” and its struggle to bring a shadow economy into the light.
High Country News, the award-winning magazine covering the American West, has teamed up with the Bill Lane Center for the American West at Stanford University to produce a groundbreaking story on the rising influence of foreign countries, especially China, on the West’s extractive industries.
- Reality Check on Analyst: FBI let Malheur militants save face to end occupation
- Michael Parker on Can we make sense of the Malheur mess?
- Karl Anderson on Sugar Pine Mine, the other standoff
- Mike & Lorri Benefield on Can we make sense of the Malheur mess?
- Steve Snyder on Sugar Pine Mine, the other standoff