2011 Press Releases
High Country News contributing editor Matt Jenkins teams up with filmmakers Tyler Meason and Jennilyn Merten to produce an in-depth investigative story and short documentary introducing the marijuana community of California’s notorious “Emerald Triangle” and its struggle to bring a shadow economy into the light.
High Country News, the award-winning magazine covering the American West, has teamed up with the Bill Lane Center for the American West at Stanford University to produce a groundbreaking story on the rising influence of foreign countries, especially China, on the West’s extractive industries.
- Mary Sojourner on Rants from the Hill: Desert Insomnia
- Mary Sojourner on Solace at the end of Homer Spit
- Jennafer Waggoner-Yellowhorse on Why are Hopi rangers impounding sheep at Black Mesa?
- Emma Drew on What’s in the water in Woods Cross?
- Jennafer Waggoner-Yellowhorse on On Black Mesa, the natives make a comeback