Browse High Country News issues
(Last issue in which articles are available in text format on this website)Browse issue
Seven stories about controversial management in the nation's premier national park.Browse issue
A profile of Jack Ward Thomas, new chief of the Forest Service.Browse issue
Butte wants to transform its Superfund mine cleanup into a tourist attraction.Browse issue
Logging, hydropower and fishing contribute to the decline of salmon in Oregon waters.Browse issue
Controversy mounts over the construction of a road through Petroglyph National Monument near Albuquerque.Browse issue
A community mobilizes to regain a lost Mexican land grant.Browse issue
Gold miner John Livermore and Sierra Club mining expert Glenn Miller join forces to find a solution to Nevada's mining troubles.Browse issue
Locals balk at EPA's plan to declare Triumph, Idaho, a Superfund site due to mining waste.Browse issue
- Kyle Klain on Enough is enough at the Glen Canyon Recreation Area
- Mary Sojourner on Rants from the Hill: Desert Insomnia
- Mary Sojourner on Solace at the end of Homer Spit
- Jennafer Waggoner-Yellowhorse on Why are Hopi rangers impounding sheep at Black Mesa?
- Emma Drew on What’s in the water in Woods Cross?