For those whose job requires detailed knowledge of the Endangered Species Act, there will be a technical conference Aug. 8-9 at the Hyatt Regency in Denver, Colo. Sponsored by CLE International, a company that hosts environmental law seminars, the third annual Endangered Species Act Conference will explain how the law works and how it affects growth and development. Tuition is $395; contact CLE International, 1541 Race St., Suite 100, Denver, CO 80206 (800/873-7130).
- Ricardo Small on In Arizona, the people move ahead of the politicians
- Dean Nyffeler on New data released on violent threats to federal employees
- John Crosse on The Los Angeles wetland wars
- John Worlock on The U.S.’s only rare-earth mine files for bankruptcy
- Andy Grosland on The pain thief of Spokane