Don Redfearn manages the wintering ground for the largest elk herd in North America -- the National Elk Refuge outside of Jackson Hole, Wyoming. Download entire issue to view this article: http://www.hcn.org/issues/8.11/download-entire-issue
- Dana Powers on The tenuous fate of the Southwest’s last jaguars
- Mark DeGregorio on Meet the aspiring ranger locked out by National Park Service practices
- Lael Bradshaw on New documentary offers a sharp look at the West’s water crisis
- Steve Snyder on Why has the National Park Service gotten whiter?
- Jim Schumont on Stop the rock-stacking