August 9, 1993
Groundwater pumping dries Milt Thompson's Diamond Valley Ranch.
The High Country Citizens' Alliance and the Gunnison County Stockgrowers work together on a grazing proposal.
The Silver State Leasing Co. receives $100,000 fine for killing a desert tortoise during construction near Las Vegas.
Indian sacred sites are vulnerable to mining because the American Indian Religious Freedom Act has no teeth.
- Rich & Terry Fairbanks on Rural communities in the West need a fair shake
- on Jim Deacon, pioneering desert fish biologist, dies
- Larry Bullock on Ranch Diaries: A New Mexico cattle company is born
- Randy Piper on Bark beetle kill leads to more severe fires, right? Well, maybe
- Delaine Spilsbury on The water czar who reshaped Colorado River politics