June 28, 1993
Governors of eight Western states begin work on a strategy to protect the region's world-class air before it's too late.
The incarcerated author Rik Scarce says the First Amendment protects scholarly research, including his on the radical environmental movement.
'Wilderness: The Last Stand', a film by Miranda Smith, criticizes the timber industry and the Forest Service in Montana.
'The Montana Frontier: Old Dreams, New Realities' conference will be hosted by Montana State University.
- Meg Scherch-Peterson on Illegal bike trails and a Forest Service crackdown divide a town
- Edward Williams on When poisoning is the solution
- Jeff Zapko on Climate showdown on the Willamette in Oregon
- Jim Brandau on When poisoning is the solution
- Michael Weeks on Deaths renew calls for national parks to rescind BASE jumping bans