June 14, 1993
Oregon's Trojan nuclear power plant closes permanently after charges of safety violations.
The Colorado Legislature guts a bill protecting farmers' interests against the oil and gas industry.
A homeowner and an environmental group file a suit arguing that jet-boats on the Rogue River violate the Wild and Scenic Rivers Act.
The Greater Yellowstone Coaltion proposes a plan to protect the park as a "National Sustainable Ecosystem."
Forest Service District Ranger Don Oman is to be transferred from his southern Idaho forest district.
Clinton appoints officials to the BLM, Bureau of Reclamation, NPS, US Fish and Wildlife and the Bureau of Indian Affairs.
- David W Hamilton on Trump’s Cabinet choices reflect deep Koch influence
- Millie Carson on Trump’s Cabinet choices reflect deep Koch influence
- Dale Lockwood on Colorado’s controversial plan to kill predators
- Regina Johnson on Go ahead, wander your way
- Paulette Bierzychudek on Obama’s mixed impact on endangered species