May 31, 1993
The issue of whether or not barging salmon around dams is effective is taken to court.
A soon-to-be-released study may recommend dam removal as the best, and perhaps only, way of reviving Chinook salmon in the Elwha River.
Texas congressman Mike Andrews proposes a national park linking the Guadalupe Mountains and Carlsbad Caverns national parks.
The New Mexico Game and Fish Department rules that science must be "humane and appropriate' after a songbird strangling near Carlsbad.
Navajo tribal chairman Peter MacDonald is sentenced to 14 years for his role in a riot that left two dead.
- Regina Johnson on Grass-fed beef can be good 365 days a year
- Charles Fox on Grass-fed beef can be good 365 days a year
- Rex Johnson Jr on How to pass a wilderness bill in 2014
- April Warwick on Sweeping new rule for Alaska's predator control
- David Lichtenstein on The paradox of the housing boom and bust