May 31, 1993
The issue of whether or not barging salmon around dams is effective is taken to court.
Texas congressman Mike Andrews proposes a national park linking the Guadalupe Mountains and Carlsbad Caverns national parks.
The New Mexico Game and Fish Department rules that science must be "humane and appropriate' after a songbird strangling near Carlsbad.
Navajo tribal chairman Peter MacDonald is sentenced to 14 years for his role in a riot that left two dead.
- Armin Gollannek on The end of coal is bringing a wrenching transition
- Marcia Ewell on National Park Service centennial shares limelight with scandals
- Todd McMahon on No Bikes in Wilderness. Period.
- Steve McCarthy on The end of coal is bringing a wrenching transition
- jim bolen on In Utah, the fight for a Bears Ears monument heats up