May 31, 1993
The issue of whether or not barging salmon around dams is effective is taken to court.
Texas congressman Mike Andrews proposes a national park linking the Guadalupe Mountains and Carlsbad Caverns national parks.
The New Mexico Game and Fish Department rules that science must be "humane and appropriate' after a songbird strangling near Carlsbad.
Navajo tribal chairman Peter MacDonald is sentenced to 14 years for his role in a riot that left two dead.
- George Winters on What Mt. Hood’s fading summer ski season means
- John F Mijer on Congress lets sun set on Land and Water Conservation Fund
- Gary Beverly on Does optimism have a place in Western water politics?
- John Worlock on Endurance runners in the Grand Canyon are missing the point
- Todd Vogel/Iversen on Endurance runners in the Grand Canyon are missing the point