I don't care much for Jeffrey St. Clair's writing. This was my reaction to the first essay of his that I saw in your paper; and the feeling is only reinforced by his second essay (HCN, 3/21/94). Both pieces seek to validate accusations with such meaningless generalizations as "ecological cleansing" and "intellectual venereal disease."
St. Clair is opinionated but not informative. Perhaps there is a place for him in some tabloid called Polarization Weekly. There he could share the op-ed page with Pat Buchanan. "We are all in a cultural war blah, blah, blah ..."
Salt Lake City, Utah
- Who’s cutting illegal ski trails in the Santa Fe National Forest?
- Mapping the large-scale loss of natural areas in the West
- Grand Canyon superintendent retires after harassment investigation
- Will the feds change course on Columbia River management?
- As delisting looms, grizzly advocates prepare for a final face-off
- Pat Martin on Searching for solutions in the changing rural West
- Steve Snyder on Searching for solutions in the changing rural West
- Marcia Ewell on Revamped chemical safety law gives EPA more power
- Larry Glickfeld on How the livestock industry can help cut greenhouse gas emissions
- Mark Rozman on As delisting looms, grizzly advocates prepare for a final face-off