I don't care much for Jeffrey St. Clair's writing. This was my reaction to the first essay of his that I saw in your paper; and the feeling is only reinforced by his second essay (HCN, 3/21/94). Both pieces seek to validate accusations with such meaningless generalizations as "ecological cleansing" and "intellectual venereal disease."
St. Clair is opinionated but not informative. Perhaps there is a place for him in some tabloid called Polarization Weekly. There he could share the op-ed page with Pat Buchanan. "We are all in a cultural war blah, blah, blah ..."
Salt Lake City, Utah
- Dale Lockwood on Mule deer in decline, crude oil spills and violence against federal staffers.
- G M Ferguson on Illegal bike trails and a Forest Service crackdown divide a town
- Kathy Dimont on Deaths renew calls for national parks to rescind BASE jumping bans
- Rich Schrader on How the West will feel groundwater shortages
- Rich Schrader on Freeway closure by flash flood should teach us a lesson