I don't care much for Jeffrey St. Clair's writing. This was my reaction to the first essay of his that I saw in your paper; and the feeling is only reinforced by his second essay (HCN, 3/21/94). Both pieces seek to validate accusations with such meaningless generalizations as "ecological cleansing" and "intellectual venereal disease."
St. Clair is opinionated but not informative. Perhaps there is a place for him in some tabloid called Polarization Weekly. There he could share the op-ed page with Pat Buchanan. "We are all in a cultural war blah, blah, blah ..."
Salt Lake City, Utah
- A look at Gold Butte, Nevada, two years after the Bundy standoff
- A couple living off-the-grid fought water law — and won
- In Arizona’s shift toward purple, a backlash to Trump hastens the pace
- Yosemite’s superintendent retires after discrimination allegations surface
- Vegan food may not be as “vegan” as you think
- Daniel Mears on In Arizona’s shift toward purple, a backlash to Trump hastens the pace
- Larry Hartzke on Socialism and the West
- Hope Woodward on A look at Gold Butte, Nevada, two years after the Bundy standoff
- Charles Yoder on A look at Gold Butte, Nevada, two years after the Bundy standoff
- Keith B. on An argument against internet access in parks