I don't care much for Jeffrey St. Clair's writing. This was my reaction to the first essay of his that I saw in your paper; and the feeling is only reinforced by his second essay (HCN, 3/21/94). Both pieces seek to validate accusations with such meaningless generalizations as "ecological cleansing" and "intellectual venereal disease."
St. Clair is opinionated but not informative. Perhaps there is a place for him in some tabloid called Polarization Weekly. There he could share the op-ed page with Pat Buchanan. "We are all in a cultural war blah, blah, blah ..."
Salt Lake City, Utah
- Mary Doherty on Utah burn ban ignites outrage over ‘basic freedoms’
- Dale Lockwood on Utah burn ban ignites outrage over ‘basic freedoms’
- Joe F Whelan on Charles Bowden’s Fury
- Bill Schiffbauer on Utah burn ban ignites outrage over ‘basic freedoms’
- Jim Scarborough on Rural counties dealing with loss of fed dollars