I don't care much for Jeffrey St. Clair's writing. This was my reaction to the first essay of his that I saw in your paper; and the feeling is only reinforced by his second essay (HCN, 3/21/94). Both pieces seek to validate accusations with such meaningless generalizations as "ecological cleansing" and "intellectual venereal disease."
St. Clair is opinionated but not informative. Perhaps there is a place for him in some tabloid called Polarization Weekly. There he could share the op-ed page with Pat Buchanan. "We are all in a cultural war blah, blah, blah ..."
Salt Lake City, Utah
- Larry Glickfeld on Trekking across Colorado’s fragmented wildernesses
- Yue Li on On those who live and die along the border
- Shelley Stallings on Photos: Diving for delicacies
- Mark York on Getting over the ‘taboo’ in a gun-rights conversation
- Robert Hooper on Trekking across Colorado’s fragmented wildernesses