April 5, 1993
Aspen, Colo. grapples with the angst of being a rich resort town, a mill closure shakes Kremmling, Colo., Livingston, Mont. is caught off-guard by its popularity, and the West is transformed byte by byte.
A letter to the editor of a California paper criticizing range conditions causes a $32,000 libel suit.
A Dept. of Agriculture brucellosis study on Yellowstone bison is stopped by court order after intervention by the Fund for Animals.
A booklet titled 'Six Myths About the Future of Small Towns' suggests small towns shouldn't court industry.
Small towns are an important part of the ecosysytem, according to community consultant Luther Propst.
- Carl Reese on Five Western waterways worse than the orange Animas
- Steve Snyder on The Endangered Species Act's biggest experiment
- Ray Ring on Montana farmers start talking climate change
- Wayne L Hare on Dispatch from a medic on the North Star Fire in Washington
- Tom McCall on Scientists strengthen link between climate change and drought