April 5, 1993
Aspen, Colo. grapples with the angst of being a rich resort town, a mill closure shakes Kremmling, Colo., Livingston, Mont. is caught off-guard by its popularity, and the West is transformed byte by byte.
A letter to the editor of a California paper criticizing range conditions causes a $32,000 libel suit.
A Dept. of Agriculture brucellosis study on Yellowstone bison is stopped by court order after intervention by the Fund for Animals.
A booklet titled 'Six Myths About the Future of Small Towns' suggests small towns shouldn't court industry.
Small towns are an important part of the ecosysytem, according to community consultant Luther Propst.
- Jerry Unruh on Unwanted California tires end up in rivers and beaches
- Louis F Good on Federal public land transfers get a Congressional boost
- Harvey H Reading on Federal public land transfers get a Congressional boost
- Betsy McFarlan on Will public-lands ranchers pay more for grazing?
- Harvey H Reading on Don't blame bark beetles for fire risk