February 22, 1993
The Nature Conservancy sells the biologically diverse Gray Ranch amidst local concern.
A fish farm plan that would have ruined one of the last clean springs on the Snake River is blocked.
Critical habitat areas are proposed to protect the Colorado squawfish, the humpback chub, the bonytail chub, and the razorback sucker.
- Tom Darnell on Four charts that show how public land is good for rural areas
- Mark Rozman on Ranch Diaries: Should we name the animals we raise to eat?
- Mark Rozman on Should coyote hunting contests be banned?
- Jerry King on In Washington, the 'necessity defense' on trial alongside activists
- Carmen Macdonald on Should coyote hunting contests be banned?