February 8, 1993
Several lawsuits say the government should compensate for land devalued in "takings" cases.
A ranch withdrawn from sale by Babbitt family members affects settlement of Navajo-Hopi land dispute.
Senator Max Baucus stands to profit more from mining on his ranch property than the public gains on its public lands under the 1872 Mining Law.
- George Winters on What Mt. Hood’s fading summer ski season means
- John F Mijer on Congress lets sun set on Land and Water Conservation Fund
- Gary Beverly on Does optimism have a place in Western water politics?
- John Worlock on Endurance runners in the Grand Canyon are missing the point
- Todd Vogel/Iversen on Endurance runners in the Grand Canyon are missing the point