February 8, 1993
Several lawsuits say the government should compensate for land devalued in "takings" cases.
A ranch withdrawn from sale by Babbitt family members affects settlement of Navajo-Hopi land dispute.
Senator Max Baucus stands to profit more from mining on his ranch property than the public gains on its public lands under the 1872 Mining Law.
- Nathan Johnson on Political sparring over the Land and Water Conservation Fund
- jan slater on An audience for old Indians
- Robb Cadwell on Political sparring over the Land and Water Conservation Fund
- Thomas Bliss on Raccoonboy’s guide to urban wilds
- Kevin Bates on A wanderer’s guide to Western public lands