Your May 13 special issue on Westerners talking together was timely and thought-provoking.
Two such efforts are under way on north-central Idaho's Clearwater National Forest. It's too soon to know if they will be a success, but it is worth noting that the Forest Service has been an honest and energetic proponent. The agency and the citizens with whom it has been working have so far done a pretty decent job of providing leadership and seeking the high road - a real contrast to Idaho's mean and shallow congressional delegation.
- Kate Robinson on Stop the rock-stacking
- Dave Cichan on Illegal bike trails and a Forest Service crackdown divide a town
- Keith Barefoot on Illegal flights persist despite national park drone ban
- Greg Graves on Illegal flights persist despite national park drone ban
- Edward Williams on When poisoning is the solution