Your May 13 special issue on Westerners talking together was timely and thought-provoking.
Two such efforts are under way on north-central Idaho's Clearwater National Forest. It's too soon to know if they will be a success, but it is worth noting that the Forest Service has been an honest and energetic proponent. The agency and the citizens with whom it has been working have so far done a pretty decent job of providing leadership and seeking the high road - a real contrast to Idaho's mean and shallow congressional delegation.
- Larry Bullock on Ranch Diaries: A New Mexico cattle company is born
- Kent Schoberle on Ranch Diaries: A New Mexico cattle company is born
- Jim Turner on Ranch Diaries: Why we manage our cattle horseback
- Kenneth Parsons on Western states eye federal lands—again
- Jeff Ross on My kind of town: Livingston, Montana