Your May 13 special issue on Westerners talking together was timely and thought-provoking.
Two such efforts are under way on north-central Idaho's Clearwater National Forest. It's too soon to know if they will be a success, but it is worth noting that the Forest Service has been an honest and energetic proponent. The agency and the citizens with whom it has been working have so far done a pretty decent job of providing leadership and seeking the high road - a real contrast to Idaho's mean and shallow congressional delegation.
- Guy Durrant on Giving thanks and looking forward
- Sarah Gilman on Closure of federal sheep facility would be a victory for grizzlies
- Gretchen King on Sage grouse found walking through Wyoming underpass
- Robb Cadwell on We can do our part to defuse the West
- Robb Cadwell on Wyoming grapples with how to fund wildlife conservation