The governor said Alaskans are angry at the Fisheries Service for reducing the allowable catch of salmon in southeastern Alaska to lower the risk of catching the endangered fish. He said people in his state find it hard to believe that "penalizing our fishermen, while allowing the Columbia River dams to kill up to 100 percent of all young Snake River fall chinook, is a responsible policy."
* John Rosapepe
- Candace Oathout on No, federal land transfers are not in the Constitution
- Stephen Hall on Rants from the Hill: Reno is a desert city with a river heart
- Kent Udell on No, federal land transfers are not in the Constitution
- The Taylors on How a huge Arizona mining deal was passed — and could be revoked
- Stu Williams on How a huge Arizona mining deal was passed — and could be revoked