The governor said Alaskans are angry at the Fisheries Service for reducing the allowable catch of salmon in southeastern Alaska to lower the risk of catching the endangered fish. He said people in his state find it hard to believe that "penalizing our fishermen, while allowing the Columbia River dams to kill up to 100 percent of all young Snake River fall chinook, is a responsible policy."
* John Rosapepe
- Dave Cichan on Illegal bike trails and a Forest Service crackdown divide a town
- Keith Barefoot on Illegal flights persist despite national park drone ban
- Greg Graves on Illegal flights persist despite national park drone ban
- Edward Williams on When poisoning is the solution
- Beth & George Broyles on Deaths renew calls for national parks to rescind BASE jumping bans