The article about Sid Goodloe (HCN, 4/15/96) and his ranch reconstruction is a real winner: The guy has spent 40 years working and seems to be on the right track. He has actually done something to show how it can be done; the reasoning and understanding that he has developed is amazing. It reminds me of a very old joke. The lawyer was called at 3 a.m. and the client told the lawyer that he had just been arrested for spitting on the sidewalk. The lawyer's response was, "They can't do that!" The client's reply was, "I'm talking from the jail phone."
James W. Coats
Idaho Springs, Colorado
- Mike Evans on Rants from the Hill: After many years of essay writing, a wave goodbye
- Karl Anderson on The end of coal is bringing a wrenching transition
- Scott Christy on A millennial mayor and his timber town
- Armin Gollannek on The end of coal is bringing a wrenching transition
- Marcia Ewell on National Park Service centennial shares limelight with scandals