The article about Sid Goodloe (HCN, 4/15/96) and his ranch reconstruction is a real winner: The guy has spent 40 years working and seems to be on the right track. He has actually done something to show how it can be done; the reasoning and understanding that he has developed is amazing. It reminds me of a very old joke. The lawyer was called at 3 a.m. and the client told the lawyer that he had just been arrested for spitting on the sidewalk. The lawyer's response was, "They can't do that!" The client's reply was, "I'm talking from the jail phone."
James W. Coats
Idaho Springs, Colorado
- Edward Williams on When poisoning is the solution
- Jeff Zapko on Climate showdown on the Willamette in Oregon
- Jim Brandau on When poisoning is the solution
- Michael Weeks on Deaths renew calls for national parks to rescind BASE jumping bans
- John Finch on Illegal bike trails and a Forest Service crackdown divide a town