The article about Sid Goodloe (HCN, 4/15/96) and his ranch reconstruction is a real winner: The guy has spent 40 years working and seems to be on the right track. He has actually done something to show how it can be done; the reasoning and understanding that he has developed is amazing. It reminds me of a very old joke. The lawyer was called at 3 a.m. and the client told the lawyer that he had just been arrested for spitting on the sidewalk. The lawyer's response was, "They can't do that!" The client's reply was, "I'm talking from the jail phone."
James W. Coats
Idaho Springs, Colorado
- dan bosch on Suckers for gold
- Tom Darnell on Will public-lands ranchers pay more for grazing?
- Alan Stevens on Private property blocks access to public lands
- Linda VanFossan on California has one year of water left: Hype or reality?
- Joseph Yannuzzi on Sportsmen’s bill aims to open inaccessible public lands