The article about Sid Goodloe (HCN, 4/15/96) and his ranch reconstruction is a real winner: The guy has spent 40 years working and seems to be on the right track. He has actually done something to show how it can be done; the reasoning and understanding that he has developed is amazing. It reminds me of a very old joke. The lawyer was called at 3 a.m. and the client told the lawyer that he had just been arrested for spitting on the sidewalk. The lawyer's response was, "They can't do that!" The client's reply was, "I'm talking from the jail phone."
James W. Coats
Idaho Springs, Colorado
- Barbara Ullian on How to love a weird and perfect wilderness
- John Wahoff on It’s not the Wild West anymore. Look before you shoot.
- Tom Kinnane on Missing science, disagreement surrounds fracking report
- Gerald Burton on Back to civics class: 10 things to know about Standing Rock
- Steve Snyder on Missing science, disagreement surrounds fracking report