Restoring riparian zones and passing a ballot initiative are two topics participants will talk about at the 18th annual High Desert Conference April 25-28. Sponsors of A Desert Wildlands Revival: Water, Wildlife and Wilderness in The High Desert include the Oregon Natural Desert Association, Toiyabe Chapter of the Sierra Club and Committee for Idaho's High Desert. The setting is the Malheur Field Station, 20 miles south of Burns, Ore. Speakers include Lehua Lopez, president of the Native Lands Institute, and Larry Tuttle, director of the Center for Environmental Equity. Contact Gilly Lyons at 541/385-6908 for more information.
- Rick Derevan on Land transfer battles rage on, county by county
- James C Nelson on How Utah coal interests helped push a secret plan to export coal from California
- Mark Rozman on We should be proud of delisting grizzlies
- Karl Anderson on There’s no Brexit from our climate problems
- Paul Thomson on We should be proud of delisting grizzlies