Restoring riparian zones and passing a ballot initiative are two topics participants will talk about at the 18th annual High Desert Conference April 25-28. Sponsors of A Desert Wildlands Revival: Water, Wildlife and Wilderness in The High Desert include the Oregon Natural Desert Association, Toiyabe Chapter of the Sierra Club and Committee for Idaho's High Desert. The setting is the Malheur Field Station, 20 miles south of Burns, Ore. Speakers include Lehua Lopez, president of the Native Lands Institute, and Larry Tuttle, director of the Center for Environmental Equity. Contact Gilly Lyons at 541/385-6908 for more information.
- Regina Johnson on Grass-fed beef can be good 365 days a year
- Charles Fox on Grass-fed beef can be good 365 days a year
- Rex Johnson Jr on How to pass a wilderness bill in 2014
- April Warwick on Sweeping new rule for Alaska's predator control
- David Lichtenstein on The paradox of the housing boom and bust