"This isn't me versus the governor; this isn't Democrat versus Republican," Stennett said. "This is about the Legislature, the representatives of the people, keeping their power to execute laws."
Most of the 27 Republicans in the Senate, however, oppose Stennett's bill, and he is one of only eight Democrats. "It doesn't have much chance of passing," acknowledged Stennett. "But it's what I believe in."
* Anders Halverson
- Peter Nelson on Two political elites prevail in Navajo primary melee
- Deb Dedon on New Mexico delays controversial Gila vote
- Deb Dedon on Considering historical correctness in New Mexico
- Deb Dedon on Two political elites prevail in Navajo primary melee
- Chuck Brushwood on Did Obama's Interior hobble the Endangered Species Act?