"This isn't me versus the governor; this isn't Democrat versus Republican," Stennett said. "This is about the Legislature, the representatives of the people, keeping their power to execute laws."
Most of the 27 Republicans in the Senate, however, oppose Stennett's bill, and he is one of only eight Democrats. "It doesn't have much chance of passing," acknowledged Stennett. "But it's what I believe in."
* Anders Halverson
- Regina Johnson on Grass-fed beef can be good 365 days a year
- Charles Fox on Grass-fed beef can be good 365 days a year
- Rex Johnson Jr on How to pass a wilderness bill in 2014
- April Warwick on Sweeping new rule for Alaska's predator control
- David Lichtenstein on The paradox of the housing boom and bust