The 42-year-old Talbott was slow to admit his guilt. After the Carbon County Court fined him $400 and revoked his fishing privileges for a year, he told the Casper Star-Tribune, "I was at the time certainly convinced that, given my recollection of that, when I got a license, there was very little doubt that was probably my license."
Talbott, who'd served as director for a year, ended a 17-year career with the agency when he resigned Jan. 31 - after admitting he forged the license.
- Dustin Solberg
- James Foley on The land transfer movement’s great public-lands hoax
- Michael/Teresa Newberry on How do Trump and Clinton differ on conservation?
- Joe Cosentino on What if I’m not white?
- David W Hamilton on How do Trump and Clinton differ on conservation?
- David Bittner on This July 4th, take a gander at the phone book