A new Trout Unlimited poster tells a few good fish stories. The Apache trout and greenback cutthroat trout are both on the road to recovery since being listed as endangered species in 1973. But the poster, Threatened and Endangered Trout and Salmon of North America also shares less cheery tales of trout and salmon still on the decline, all illustrated by artist Joseph R. Tomelleriof. Writer Neal D. Emerald explains how a species is listed under the act and a map shows the West's endangered trout and salmon habitat. Trout Unlimited hopes the 18-by-24 inch color poster will find its way to classrooms and offices of conservationists and lawmakers; proceeds benefit the group's conservation programs. A copy is $6.95 plus $1 shipping to Trout Unlimited, ESA poster, 1500 Wilson Boulevard, #310, Arlington, VA 22209-2310 (800/805-4607).
- Regina Johnson on Go ahead, wander your way
- Paulette Bierzychudek on Obama’s mixed impact on endangered species
- Charles Fox on Colorado’s controversial plan to kill predators
- Bryan T Burke on Colorado’s controversial plan to kill predators
- Shelley Stallings on Colorado’s controversial plan to kill predators