* Joy Harjo
Joy Harjo, a Creek poet, screenwriter, and saxophonist, is one of 13 Southwestern authors featured in Writing the Southwest, a radio documentary series airing on public radio stations this fall and winter. Born out of the Writer's Co-op in Santa Fe, N.M., the shows spotlight Edward Abbey, Tony Hillerman, and Barbara Kingsolver, among others. A companion book, Writing the Southwest, made up of excerpts, biographies and interviews with each author, will be available soon. For more information, contact David Dunaway, Writing the Southwest, Department of English, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM 87131-1106 (505/277-4438).
- Jimmy Dean on Forest Service’s mission goes up in flames
- Franklin Carroll on A new wildfire protection approach in Colorado
- Mark H Miller on A new wildfire protection approach in Colorado
- Ann Harvey on Forest Service’s mission goes up in flames
- Valerie Heath-Harrison on Rants from the Hill: Hunting for Scorpions