* Joy Harjo
Joy Harjo, a Creek poet, screenwriter, and saxophonist, is one of 13 Southwestern authors featured in Writing the Southwest, a radio documentary series airing on public radio stations this fall and winter. Born out of the Writer's Co-op in Santa Fe, N.M., the shows spotlight Edward Abbey, Tony Hillerman, and Barbara Kingsolver, among others. A companion book, Writing the Southwest, made up of excerpts, biographies and interviews with each author, will be available soon. For more information, contact David Dunaway, Writing the Southwest, Department of English, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM 87131-1106 (505/277-4438).
- Keith Barefoot on An argument against internet access in parks
- Kate Schimel on A couple living off-the-grid fought water law — and won
- Verne House on A couple living off-the-grid fought water law — and won
- Neill Smith on New allegations of sexual harassment in Yosemite, Yellowstone
- David Bittner on A couple living off-the-grid fought water law — and won