I noticed in a recent article by Elizabeth Manning that the residents of Catron County, N.M., support Dick Manning and his anti-government proclamations (HCN, 10/30/95). As a resident of Catron County I can assure you that is not true. At least half, if not more, of the residents think he is a loud-mouth idiot. However, he and his buddies, some of whom are county commissioners, will run anyone out of the county who dares to speak up against them. Heck, we don't need to fear the U.S. government when we have our own set of dictators.
To set the record straight, many of us love the public lands, have no desire to privatize them and would like Dick Manning to stop polluting our drinking water and the reputation of the good citizens of Catron County.
A Catron County resident who does not want to be chased out of town
- Traci Amborn on Fracking is the big new gun
- Deb Dedon on Should the president of the Navajo Nation speak Navajo?
- Deb O'Neill on Wyoming grapples with how to fund wildlife conservation
- Bill Williams on Wyoming grapples with how to fund wildlife conservation
- Nathan Johnson on Wyoming grapples with how to fund wildlife conservation