"How do we live faithfully in an arid land?" Rural congregations will gather in Twin Falls, Idaho, to reflect on this question at the eighth meeting of the Forum on Church and Land, Water, Power and Place, Nov. 8-11. Among the speakers will be University of Colorado law professor Charles Wilkinson, who will give historical talks on Western water. For more information, contact Western Small Church Rural Life Center, P.O. Box 514, Filer, ID 83328 (208/326-5812).
- Cherilyn Eagar on The rise of the Sagebrush Sheriffs
- Robert Waddell on How do we define climate pollution's cost to society?
- Steve McCarthy on Graphic: The hidden connections of the Sagebrush Insurgency
- Stu Williams on How a huge Arizona mining deal was passed — and could be revoked
- Richard Reinaker on No, federal land transfers are not in the Constitution