May 26, 2014
A liberal gun owner finds 'gun nuts' on both sides of the debate, an excerpt from Julene Bair's book 'The Ogallala Road,' state and federal agencies feud over predator control in Alaska, California's water crisis, and more.
Most U.S. ethnographic collections are contaminated with toxins. Will new cleaning methods help tribes reclaim artifacts?
Would-be coal exporters plan to circumvent Northwestern opposition by using terminals elsewhere in North America.
- Carl Reese on Five Western waterways worse than the orange Animas
- Steve Snyder on The Endangered Species Act's biggest experiment
- Ray Ring on Montana farmers start talking climate change
- Wayne L Hare on Dispatch from a medic on the North Star Fire in Washington
- Tom McCall on Scientists strengthen link between climate change and drought