October 30, 1995
A writer tours the heart of the Sagebrush Rebellion - Elko County, Nev. - and talks to people on both sides of the struggle.
Navajo Nation President Albert Hale orders Head Start programs on the reservation to begin teaching Navajo before English.
Two government employees sued by Catron County wise-use leader Dick Manning file their own case against him for harassment and malicious prosecution.
Developers of the proposed New World gold mine on the edge of Yellowstone Park are ordered by a federal judge to clean up old waste from the site before getting necessary permits.
Milltown, Mont., resident Tina Reinicke-Schmaus finds her life transformed by her involvement in a Superfund project to clean up mining waste in her town.
Environmentalists claim the Snowbasin Ski Resort is using the Salt Lake City upcoming Olympics as an excuse for a landgrab of Forest Service acreage.
Some timber cutting resumes on the Southwestern national forests where logging was halted by a recent federal injunction.
A federal court ruling may delay the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service's plan to declare grizzly recovery in Yellowstone a success.
A Grand Canyon Trust study claims that Andalex Resources' proposed Smoky Hollow Mine will be a money-loser.
The Grand Canyon Visibility Transport Commission seeks public comment on five proposals to reduce smog on the Colorado Plateau.
Forest Service District Ranger Guy Pence talks about the bombings of his office and van in Carson City.
Forest Service Supervisor Jim Nelson talks about the violence that has followed his agency's crackdown on illegal grazing.
Nye County Commissioner and wise-use leader Dick Carver talks about the Sagebrush Rebellion in Nevada. Nye County rancher and wise-use leader Wayne Hage offers his view of the Sagebrush Rebellion.
- The taxpayer money that fuels federal land transfer demands
- Latest: California fracking companies inject protected aquifers with wastewater
- Obama's preemptive strike to reform Endangered Species Act
- Wyoming trespass law is the latest in grazing battle
- Sightseeing at an open pit mine in Arizona copper country
- Bette Korber on The Los Angeles wetland wars
- Garrett Allen on The view from 31,000 feet: A philosopher looks at fracking
- Robb Cadwell on The view from 31,000 feet: A philosopher looks at fracking
- Amy & Chris Gulick on The view from 31,000 feet: A philosopher looks at fracking
- Richard H Ernst on The taxpayer money that fuels federal land transfer demands