May 13, 2013
Conservative newcomers to Northern Idaho fight against the region's Democrats, and themselves. Plus, the Southwest's drought continues, midget faded rattlesnakes get a closer look from researchers, HCN follows a Montana wolf hunt, and more.
Generous spring snow storms were a momentary, if welcome, distraction from the region's real weather story: drought.
Biologists and federal officials hope to direct booming oil, gas and wind development away from the rare reptile in southwest Wyoming and northwest Colorado
Amid bitter controversy over allowing hunters and trappers to reduce wolf populations, a Montana couple is dedicated to their hunt.
- G M Ferguson on What's the matter with New Mexico
- Wade Nelson on Gold King Mine water was headed for the Animas, anyway
- Frank matyus on Gold King Mine water was headed for the Animas, anyway
- William Bryan on Scientists strengthen link between climate change and drought
- Carl Reese on Five Western waterways worse than the orange Animas