May 13, 2013
Conservative newcomers to Northern Idaho fight against the region's Democrats, and themselves. Plus, the Southwest's drought continues, midget faded rattlesnakes get a closer look from researchers, HCN follows a Montana wolf hunt, and more.
Generous spring snow storms were a momentary, if welcome, distraction from the region's real weather story: drought.
Biologists and federal officials hope to direct booming oil, gas and wind development away from the rare reptile in southwest Wyoming and northwest Colorado
Amid bitter controversy over allowing hunters and trappers to reduce wolf populations, a Montana couple is dedicated to their hunt.
- Jim Brandau on When poisoning is the solution
- Michael Weeks on Deaths renew calls for national parks to rescind BASE jumping bans
- John Finch on Illegal bike trails and a Forest Service crackdown divide a town
- Lee Rimel on Illegal bike trails and a Forest Service crackdown divide a town
- Dave Cichan on Illegal bike trails and a Forest Service crackdown divide a town