May 13, 2013
Conservative newcomers to Northern Idaho fight against the region's Democrats, and themselves. Plus, the Southwest's drought continues, midget faded rattlesnakes get a closer look from researchers, HCN follows a Montana wolf hunt, and more.
Generous spring snow storms were a momentary, if welcome, distraction from the region's real weather story: drought.
Biologists and federal officials hope to direct booming oil, gas and wind development away from the rare reptile in southwest Wyoming and northwest Colorado
Amid bitter controversy over allowing hunters and trappers to reduce wolf populations, a Montana couple is dedicated to their hunt.
- Charles Fox on Looking back on a century of poisoning predators
- Mike Sennett on Looking back on a century of poisoning predators
- David DuBois on What will become of the backcountry in Utah’s Wasatch?
- Dennis Jones on Colorado, other Western states support Syrian refugee program
- Peter Sandrock on Reflecting on the tragedy of the young 'invincibles'