April 15, 2013
Desert dwellers wonder if renewable energy farms will dominate the Mojave Desert, how the federally-induced sequester will impact the West, California's new carbon cap and trade market goes into effect, and more.
The Golden State's new cap-and-trade program aims to cut greenhouse gas emissions while avoiding the pitfalls of similar attempts.
- Sara Walsh on Getting over the ‘taboo’ in a gun-rights conversation
- Jim Bolen on Comb Ridge parcel sold to highest bidder
- Jim Bolen on A tax on carbon pollution faces surprising opposition
- Rod Farlee on A tax on carbon pollution faces surprising opposition
- Edward Ernest on Trekking across Colorado’s fragmented wildernesses