March 4, 2013
Mammoth Lakes, California and the rest of the ski industry face climate change. Also, Obama nominates a recreation industry magnate as Secretary of the Interior, the information age renders remote archeological sites increasingly accessible, Lake Mead reveals a long-sunken ghost town, scientists track the surprising and increasingly urban movement of mountain lions, and more.
- Karl Anderson on Sugar Pine Mine, the other standoff
- Steve McCarthy on New leader steps up for the American Lands Council
- Candace Oathout on No, federal land transfers are not in the Constitution
- Steve McCarthy on Should this national monument become a national park?
- Karl Anderson on No, federal land transfers are not in the Constitution