February 18, 2013
San Luis Valley irrigators search for new ways to live within the limits of their water-short world. Also, the Sierra Club opts for civil disobedience against Keystone XL, tribes tangle over how to disperse settlement money, the BLM takes a stand over a southwestern river, and more.
- John Finch on Illegal bike trails and a Forest Service crackdown divide a town
- W John Faust on Freeway closure by flash flood should teach us a lesson
- David Taft on Deaths renew calls for national parks to rescind BASE jumping bans
- Ryan Stevenson on Can human judgment handle avalanches?
- Tom Gandesbery on In the middle of nowhere, a Promised Land