December 9, 2013
To save the West’s forests, scientists must first learn how trees die.
In the Rocky Mountain West, more than 4 million acres of federal public land are rendered off-limits because there's no way for the public to access them.
- Edward Williams on When poisoning is the solution
- Jeff Zapko on Climate showdown on the Willamette in Oregon
- Jim Brandau on When poisoning is the solution
- Michael Weeks on Deaths renew calls for national parks to rescind BASE jumping bans
- John Finch on Illegal bike trails and a Forest Service crackdown divide a town