February 4, 2013
The Oglala Lakota may soon manage the first tribal national park, but transforming the bombed-out landscape won’t be easy. Also, the West debates gun control, cleaning up hardrock mine pollution isn't easy, a letterpress newspaper alive in well in rural Colorado, restoring rivers, and more.
- Larry Glickfeld on Trekking across Colorado’s fragmented wildernesses
- Yue Li on On those who live and die along the border
- Shelley Stallings on Photos: Diving for delicacies
- Mark York on Getting over the ‘taboo’ in a gun-rights conversation
- Robert Hooper on Trekking across Colorado’s fragmented wildernesses