The Southwest has long been a locus for space-related activities – and cosmic secrets. Its clear, dark skies are ideal for stargazing, while its isolated deserts are perfect for cutting-edge scientific research and for conspiracy and extraterrestrial enthusiasts. From meteorites colliding with Earth millennia ago to the dream of reaching space ourselves, we have an undeniable fascination with what lies beyond the thin skin of Earth's atmosphere.
- Tim McKimmie on Dear Forest Service: Today’s John Muir shoots video
- Guy Durrant on Giving thanks and looking forward
- Sarah Gilman on Closure of federal sheep facility would be a victory for grizzlies
- Gretchen King on Sage grouse found walking through Wyoming underpass
- Robb Cadwell on We can do our part to defuse the West