On this episode of Sounds of the High Country, KDNK Radio's collaboration with High Country News, KDNK’s Nelson Harvey talks to reporter Marshall Swearingen. Swearingen wrote the feature story, "Cosmic Prospecting: What happens when an old mining town recruits Big Science," in a recent issue of High Country News. Past editions of Sounds of the High Country are at KDNK.org, and also available as a podcast on iTunes.
- Carl Reese on Five Western waterways worse than the orange Animas
- Steve Snyder on The Endangered Species Act's biggest experiment
- Ray Ring on Montana farmers start talking climate change
- Wayne L Hare on Dispatch from a medic on the North Star Fire in Washington
- Tom McCall on Scientists strengthen link between climate change and drought