novelist, poet, professor
Painting, fly-fishing, training horses (and mules)
San Gabriel foothills, Southern California
On being prolific
"I'm very lucky; I can sit down and be working immediately. I don't do any throat-clearing or arranging my desk. I don't go online."
Why he spent a sabbatical in France
"I was hoping my two sons would pick up the language -- and then teach it to me." (It didn't work.)
- David DuBois on What will become of the backcountry in Utah’s Wasatch?
- Dennis Jones on Colorado, other Western states support Syrian refugee program
- Peter Sandrock on Reflecting on the tragedy of the young 'invincibles'
- Roy Frybarger on Colorado, other Western states support Syrian refugee program
- Julia Duin on Charles Bowden on The War Next Door