novelist, poet, professor
Painting, fly-fishing, training horses (and mules)
San Gabriel foothills, Southern California
On being prolific
"I'm very lucky; I can sit down and be working immediately. I don't do any throat-clearing or arranging my desk. I don't go online."
Why he spent a sabbatical in France
"I was hoping my two sons would pick up the language -- and then teach it to me." (It didn't work.)
- Josh Zaffos on Renewable energy on tribal lands stalls out
- MIKE CHIROPOLOS on Renewable energy on tribal lands stalls out
- Dana Lang on The real Washington vampire story
- Dana Lang on The Quileute Reservation copes with tourists brought by "Twilight"
- William Mullane on How right-wing emigrants conquered North Idaho