This time-lapse video shows how Brewer's sparrows spread north from their winter habitat in the Southwest and Mexico's Chihuahuan Desert Grasslands to their summer range in the American West. The Cornell Lab of Ornithology produced the maps with computer models that used recorded sightings and habitat data to predict where the birds were likeliest to occur at each point in the year.
- Tom Darnell on In Northern New Mexico, a piñon-nut culture is vanishing
- Tom Darnell on Why has the National Park Service gotten whiter?
- Thomas Arvensis on How the Park Service is planning for climate change
- Dale Lockwood on Why has the National Park Service gotten whiter?
- Dale Lockwood on Biking bill is a smokescreen for opening up wilderness