The debate over the drilling technique known as hydraulic fracturing is heating up this fall, as several cities along Colorado’s Front Range prepare to vote on fracking bans or moratoriums. In a story in the current issue of High Country News, Josh Zaffos documents the groundswell of Front Range opposition to fracking, and he also describes how some of Colorado’s more rural communities actually want to loosen fracking rules. As Zaffos told KDNK’s Nelson Harvey in the latest edition of Sounds of the High Country, voters on both sides of the drilling debate are jockeying for more local control over gas exploration in Colorado.
- Mark Solomon on Rural counties to lose the most from defunded lands programs
- Sarah Tory on Rural counties to lose the most from defunded lands programs
- Heather Brenner on Rural counties to lose the most from defunded lands programs
- Louis F Good on Navajo election shakes up Grand Canyon development plans
- Warren Anderson on Canadian water for California’s drought?