The debate over the drilling technique known as hydraulic fracturing is heating up this fall, as several cities along Colorado’s Front Range prepare to vote on fracking bans or moratoriums. In a story in the current issue of High Country News, Joshua Zaffos documents the groundswell of Front Range opposition to fracking, and he also describes how some of Colorado’s more rural communities actually want to loosen fracking rules. As Zaffos told KDNK’s Nelson Harvey in the latest edition of Sounds of the High Country, voters on both sides of the drilling debate are jockeying for more local control over gas exploration in Colorado.
- David W Hamilton on As Trump takes power, the House targets regulations
- Dale Lockwood on Five reasons to be optimistic about climate change
- Ray Nelson on Go ahead, wander your way
- Jim Bolen on As Trump takes power, the House targets regulations
- Greg Lind on How many Westerners does the Affordable Care Act cover?