Hometown: Black Mesa, Navajo Nation; currently, Flagstaff, Ariz.
Claim to Fame: Arizona Snowbowl's most vocal opponent; front man of the defunct punk-rock band Blackfire. "I tell people I'm retired from music now," he says, but he misses it.
Vocation: Silversmithing, though he rarely wears his own stuff. "Because if someone likes it, I have no problem giving it away."
- Larry Glickfeld on New documentary offers a sharp look at the West’s water crisis
- Barbara Cella on Meet the aspiring ranger locked out by National Park Service practices
- Randy Welch on Biking bill is a smokescreen for opening up wilderness
- Todd McWelch on Biking bill is a smokescreen for opening up wilderness
- Tom Darnell on In Northern New Mexico, a piñon-nut culture is vanishing