August 19, 2013
A stunning fossil site is found in Montana, but will it ever be studied by scientists? Plus Navajo activist Klee Benally, edible invasives, environmental lawsuits, photographs from a Hotshot on the line, debate over grizzly numbers in Greater Yellowstone and more.
- Deb Dedon on In Arizona, the people move ahead of the politicians
- Daniel Smith on A door squeaks open for rural energy independence
- Jim Brandau on When poisoning is the solution
- Rick Beauheim on EPA says fracking could contaminate drinking water
- Charles Roberts on Why rare-earth mining in the West is a bust