February 20, 2012
If you want to understand why Jared Lee Loughner shot Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords and 18 others at a Tucson Safeway in 2011, look to Arizona’s soulless culture and vitriolic politics. Also, ground truthing Obama's praise of natural gas, ecosystem services of water-cleaning forests, an environmental warrior still going strong at 95, and more.
- Jane Shafroth on Rants from the Hill: The aliens that make Nevada home
- Irene S on No direction home
- Richard Crow on Ranch Diaries: Why cowboy life is intense
- Richard Crow on Mass shootings in Western states, by the numbers
- Mary Mcallister on Wildland restoration is like marriage: An imperfect work in progress