December 24, 2012
A mining rush promises to transform Canada's backcountry and threatens Alaska's salmon; BLM plans for the National Petroleum Reserve in Alaska; fighting for floodplains; an underwater forest holds keys to historic drought; Custer reenactments, and more.
- Michael Welsh on Considering historical correctness in New Mexico
- Bob Laybourn on Considering historical correctness in New Mexico
- William R DeJager on Wolf pups, and the return of wild wonder
- Brad Bergstrom on Did Obama's Interior hobble the Endangered Species Act?
- Dwayne Meadows on Idaho’s sewer system is the Snake River