December 24, 2012
A mining rush promises to transform Canada's backcountry and threatens Alaska's salmon; BLM plans for the National Petroleum Reserve in Alaska; fighting for floodplains; an underwater forest holds keys to historic drought; Custer reenactments, and more.
- Regina Johnson on Grass-fed beef can be good 365 days a year
- Charles Fox on Grass-fed beef can be good 365 days a year
- Rex Johnson Jr on How to pass a wilderness bill in 2014
- April Warwick on Sweeping new rule for Alaska's predator control
- David Lichtenstein on The paradox of the housing boom and bust