December 10, 2012
We're learning a lot by tracking millions of animals, but are we losing some of the heart of wildlife biology? Also, more energy means more water use, ocean acidification threatens oysters, a development conflict in the Grand Canyon, and more.
Opinionated Americans ask to create the 51st state of Jefferson on the West Coast and ride their ATVS where they please, among other things.
When determining who is poor, the Census Bureau takes geography into account in its Supplemental Poverty Measure.
As fossil fuel emissions lower the ocean’s pH, Pacific Northwest shellfish growers face an uncertain future.
- Marcia Ewell on New measures could reduce Glen Canyon Dam’s impact on the Grand Canyon — a bit
- Charles Fox on Federal coal leasing needs a major overhaul
- Carl Reese on Study finds surprising source of Colorado River water supply
- Jose Jaques on How the Keep it in the Ground movement came to be
- Kate Schimel on FBI nabs BLM bombing suspect; Wyoming wind resistance; unofficial border patrol