December 10, 2012
We're learning a lot by tracking millions of animals, but are we losing some of the heart of wildlife biology? Also, more energy means more water use, ocean acidification threatens oysters, a development conflict in the Grand Canyon, and more.
Opinionated Americans ask to create the 51st state of Jefferson on the West Coast and ride their ATVS where they please, among other things.
When determining who is poor, the Census Bureau takes geography into account in its Supplemental Poverty Measure.
As fossil fuel emissions lower the ocean’s pH, Pacific Northwest shellfish growers face an uncertain future.
- Alan Stevens on Private property blocks access to public lands
- Linda VanFossan on California has one year of water left: Hype or reality?
- Joseph Yannuzzi on Sportsmen’s bill aims to open inaccessible public lands
- Robert Gates on Lessons from boom and bust in New Mexico
- colt por on Is there a way through the West's bitter wild horse wars?