Name John Mionczynski
Occupation: Many, ranging over the years from outdoor educator and motorcycle tour guide to game warden and firefighter.
Growing in his handbuilt greenhouse: Grapes, hybrid strawberries developed by a friend, cucumbers, sweet peppers, green beans, garlic, tomatoes, kale, giant leeks and comfrey to treat burns.
Rarely leaves home without: A squeezebox, which he started
playing as a kid to help rehabilitate a crushed elbow. He's outfitted
his button accordion with a compartment for a first-aid kit and some
Marital status :"Not yet," he says. "But I'm still young."
- Kyle Klain on Enough is enough at the Glen Canyon Recreation Area
- Mary Sojourner on Rants from the Hill: Desert Insomnia
- Mary Sojourner on Solace at the end of Homer Spit
- Jennafer Waggoner-Yellowhorse on Why are Hopi rangers impounding sheep at Black Mesa?
- Emma Drew on What’s in the water in Woods Cross?