September 17, 2012
On the overworked Missouri River, searching for signs that pallid sturgeon haven't reached the end of their line. Also, superhero scientists unleash new weapons in the fight against invasive cheatgrass, the politics of public health, fire scientists duke it out over what the West's forests should look like, and more.
- William Bryan on Scientists strengthen link between climate change and drought
- Carl Reese on Five Western waterways worse than the orange Animas
- Steve Snyder on The Endangered Species Act's biggest experiment
- Ray Ring on Montana farmers start talking climate change
- Wayne L Hare on Dispatch from a medic on the North Star Fire in Washington