Name: Richard West Sellars
Vocation: Retired National Park Service historian
Hometown: Santa Fe, New Mexico
Competitive streak: In the early 1980s, Sellars began a friendly competition to visit the most national park sites. His friends dropped out years ago, but Sellars is still at it. He's been to about 380 of the National Park Service's 397 parks, historic sites, monuments, memorials, and battlefields, and is trying to cross the rest off his list.
- Matt Chew on Invasive crayfish in Oregon devastate native newts
- Jeffronimo Kingpin on Is Yucca Mountain back on the table?
- Verne House on Gold King Mine water was headed for the Animas, anyway
- Irene Schmidt on A tense confrontation on a quiet Montana road
- Russ McCollum on What we've lost in the Methow Valley wildfires