Name: Richard West Sellars
Vocation: Retired National Park Service historian
Hometown: Santa Fe, New Mexico
Competitive streak: In the early 1980s, Sellars began a friendly competition to visit the most national park sites. His friends dropped out years ago, but Sellars is still at it. He's been to about 380 of the National Park Service's 397 parks, historic sites, monuments, memorials, and battlefields, and is trying to cross the rest off his list.
- Mary Sojourner on Rants from the Hill: Desert Insomnia
- Mary Sojourner on Solace at the end of Homer Spit
- Jennafer Waggoner-Yellowhorse on Why are Hopi rangers impounding sheep at Black Mesa?
- Emma Drew on What’s in the water in Woods Cross?
- Jennafer Waggoner-Yellowhorse on On Black Mesa, the natives make a comeback