January 23, 2012
In Salt Lake City and other Western communities, billboard companies battle local democracy. Also in this issue: Buying out grazing permits to solve public lands conflicts, mom-and-pop energy companies risk a lot to find new reserves, A lawsuit raises questions about how far environmentalists should go to keep wilderness 'untrammeled.', and much more.
- Armin Gollannek on The end of coal is bringing a wrenching transition
- Marcia Ewell on National Park Service centennial shares limelight with scandals
- Todd McMahon on No Bikes in Wilderness. Period.
- Steve McCarthy on The end of coal is bringing a wrenching transition
- jim bolen on In Utah, the fight for a Bears Ears monument heats up