January 23, 2012
In Salt Lake City and other Western communities, billboard companies battle local democracy. Also in this issue: Buying out grazing permits to solve public lands conflicts, mom-and-pop energy companies risk a lot to find new reserves, A lawsuit raises questions about how far environmentalists should go to keep wilderness 'untrammeled.', and much more.
- Greg D. Lind on Stop the rock-stacking: a call for an end to cairns
- Paul V. Battaglia on A new report says we're draining our aquifers faster than ever
- Josh Zaffos on Renewable energy on tribal lands stalls out
- MIKE CHIROPOLOS on Renewable energy on tribal lands stalls out
- Dana Lang on The real Washington vampire story