John Dougherty's examination of the circuitous events surrounding the University of Arizona's Mount Graham International Observatory project (HCN, 7/24/95) was very informative.
I was appalled, however, by the quote from Robin Silver (The Southwest Center for Biological Diversity) that administrators and researchers supporting this project are "whores." Such malicious rhetoric is counterproductive to reaching an acceptable resolution to this or any other contentious issue.
Brian S. Mihlbachler
- Shelley Ellis on How many Westerners does the Affordable Care Act cover?
- Jan Hearthstone on California’s recent rains won’t fix its other, very big problem
- Tiffy Squid on Why we need condors in eastern Oregon
- Mark Rozman on Trump’s Interior pick confounds conservationists
- Richard Clough on Trump’s Interior pick confounds conservationists