John Dougherty's examination of the circuitous events surrounding the University of Arizona's Mount Graham International Observatory project (HCN, 7/24/95) was very informative.
I was appalled, however, by the quote from Robin Silver (The Southwest Center for Biological Diversity) that administrators and researchers supporting this project are "whores." Such malicious rhetoric is counterproductive to reaching an acceptable resolution to this or any other contentious issue.
Brian S. Mihlbachler
- Nathan Johnson on Political sparring over the Land and Water Conservation Fund
- jan slater on An audience for old Indians
- Robb Cadwell on Political sparring over the Land and Water Conservation Fund
- Thomas Bliss on Raccoonboy’s guide to urban wilds
- Kevin Bates on A wanderer’s guide to Western public lands