John Dougherty's examination of the circuitous events surrounding the University of Arizona's Mount Graham International Observatory project (HCN, 7/24/95) was very informative.
I was appalled, however, by the quote from Robin Silver (The Southwest Center for Biological Diversity) that administrators and researchers supporting this project are "whores." Such malicious rhetoric is counterproductive to reaching an acceptable resolution to this or any other contentious issue.
Brian S. Mihlbachler
- dan bosch on Suckers for gold
- Tom Darnell on Will public-lands ranchers pay more for grazing?
- Alan Stevens on Private property blocks access to public lands
- Linda VanFossan on California has one year of water left: Hype or reality?
- Joseph Yannuzzi on Sportsmen’s bill aims to open inaccessible public lands