John Dougherty's examination of the circuitous events surrounding the University of Arizona's Mount Graham International Observatory project (HCN, 7/24/95) was very informative.
I was appalled, however, by the quote from Robin Silver (The Southwest Center for Biological Diversity) that administrators and researchers supporting this project are "whores." Such malicious rhetoric is counterproductive to reaching an acceptable resolution to this or any other contentious issue.
Brian S. Mihlbachler
- Paul Maurer on Emotions run high over monument designation in Utah
- Dylan Buchanan on In this season of potential megaburns, nix the campfire
- Dawn Hatch on We should be proud of delisting grizzlies
- Jim Bolen on Land transfer battles rage on, county by county
- Jim Bolen on We should be proud of delisting grizzlies