John Dougherty's examination of the circuitous events surrounding the University of Arizona's Mount Graham International Observatory project (HCN, 7/24/95) was very informative.
I was appalled, however, by the quote from Robin Silver (The Southwest Center for Biological Diversity) that administrators and researchers supporting this project are "whores." Such malicious rhetoric is counterproductive to reaching an acceptable resolution to this or any other contentious issue.
Brian S. Mihlbachler
- Harry Greene on The Pleistocene and the present don’t compute
- Michael/Teresa Newberry on American Indian students in Utah face harsh discipline
- Penelope Blair on Rains bring incomplete drought relief to parts of Southwest
- W. Fred Sanders on American Indian students in Utah face harsh discipline
- Jennafer Waggoner-Yellowhorse on American Indian students in Utah face harsh discipline